How do I place an order?
Here’s a step by step guide to get you started.
- Go to the Shop section or click on “browse by region” button if you´re in the homepage.
- Select the country in menu on the lefthand side of the site or in the interactive world map (if you´re in the main store page).
- Select the products you want to view by clicking on the product image or in its name.
- You’ll be taken to the info page of that product. To add a product to your cart, click the ‘Add to cart’ button and a mini-cart will appear on the top right of the page, just beside the main header bar.
- Continue shopping by using the main navigation bar.
- Finished shopping? Just click the “View cart” button available on your mini-cart, placed in the main header bar.
- Review your selections in the checkout page.
- Click on “proceed to checkout button”
- Enter your Billing and Shipping details.
- Review your order.
- Select your payment method.
- Accept our Terms and Conditions and click on “Place order”.
If your payment has been successful, you will then see an order confirmation page that includes your order number and details of your purchase. It will also include a download link for any digital product purchases you have made. You will also receive an email immediately confirming these same details. Can’t find it? Make sure you check your spam folder as the security settings on your computer may have sent it there.
Concerns or queries? Contact us.
Payment types we accept
We accept payment via Stripe and by the following credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Visa Debit. We do not accept cheques, money orders or direct deposits.
What’s a CVC code & how do I find it?
The Card Verification Code (also known as CVC or CVV) is a number that appears on your credit card that lets us verify that the person placing the order has direct access to the credit card being used.
On Visa & Mastercard: The last three numbers as they appear on the signature panel on the back of the card.
On American Express: The four digit number that appears in the top right corner on the front of the card.
What are ebooks?
ebooks are digital versions of print guidebooks. When you purchase a digital guide, Global Frame will send a PDF file (all devices). PDFs are the exact pages from our designs saved in an electronic Adobe PDF file, and they are viewable with any PDF reader. PDF readers are standard software, and we recommend the free Adobe Reader software and app. Download the latest Adobe Reader for free from Adobe’s official website. For Apple devices we also recommend iBooks – get it here.
Please note, as these are PDF files, they do not include the same level of functionality as ePub versions.
How to download your files
Once your payment is successfully processed, you will see an order confirmation screen which includes a link to download your purchases straight away. Clicking the link will start the download.
You will also receive an order confirmation email with a link to your download page (this email will be sent from email@example.com). Can’t find your email? Please check your Spam folder as you might find your confirmation emails here. If you have checked these folders and it is still missing, please contact us and we would be delighted to help.
Important information about downloading PDFs to iPad / iPad Mini / iPhone / iTouch
When using an Apple device, by default the PDF will open in a web browser (like Safari) or using Preview – while this allows you to view the guide, it does not automatically save a copy.
After opening the ebooks on your device (iPad, iPad Mini, iPhone, iTouch), you can save a copy into your PDF reader app by tapping the screen – this will prompt you to open and save the file using an app (like Adobe Reader, Goodreader etc).
We recommend using free apps like Adobe Reader or iBooks. Once you have downloaded a PDF reader, you will be able to save the files to your device and then view them without connecting to the internet – this will save you time, money and data charges.
An alternative is to download the files to your home computer. You can then email them as an attachment to the email account you have set up on your device. This also means that if you ever lose access to your files on your device, you will have access to them as long as you save the email or keep the files saved on your home computer.
Are there any restrictions or limits to downloading my ebook?
All ebooks must be downloaded within 2 months of purchase. You’ve got 5 downloads per ebook, so you can just download it again for free (remember you will have been sent a confirmation email with the download link). All we ask is that you don’t share it around and use it for non-commercial purposes.
Terms and Conditions for use
You can download each Global Frame ebook purchased by you up to five times. You can only use your Global Frame ebook for personal, non-commercial purposes. You may not share any Global Frame ebooks purchased by you by forwarding or sending it to someone else, or use it for any commercial purpose.
Global Frame owns or licenses all intellectual property rights to and in the Global Frame ebooks, including the content in the Global Frame ebooks and Global Frame’s trademarks. You may not use Global Frame’s intellectual property or trademarks in any way or for any purpose without Global Frame’s written permission.
Global Frame tries to make sure the information in its products is accurate and up to date. However, Global Frame can’t make any guarantees. So, if you are relying on information in a Global Frame ebooks, remember you do so at your own risk.
Global Frame is not responsible to you or anyone else for any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense suffered in connection with your use of a Global Frame ebook. Global Frame ebooks contents and information are provided ‘as is’ and Global Frame makes no warranties or representations about their content. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Global Frame disclaims and excludes any implied warranty of title, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and all other warranties or representations of any nature.
A promotional code will give you access to special offers, including discounts and sometimes even a bonus travel photography guide. If you have a code, simply enter it on the shopping cart page (before you proceed to checkout), and even the checkout page as well. Make sure you code exactly as it appears in the offer, checking upper and lower case letters and numbers (we recommend you copy and paste the code).
When we are having a sale or a store promotion, your promotional code might not be eligible claim any further discount – this will be stated in the terms and conditions. Rest assured that our shopping cart will automatically calculate which of these offers gives you the best price!
Things you need to know about promotional codes
- Global Frame promotional codes can only be used at the time of order and are only valid on our official online store.
- They cannot be used towards payment after you’ve submitted and paid for your order. If you forgot to use your code, then you can either use it on your next order or give it to a friend.
- Promotional codes are not valid on already discounted PDF ebooks or bundles.
- They are not valid with other offers or promotions and you can’t use more than one promotional code for a single order.
- Each promotional code can only be used once unless otherwise stated.
- Promotional codes are only valid for a limited time and expire on the date specified in the offer.
Digital guidebook and bundle purchases
In the Global Frame online store we go to every effort to provide information about our PDF ebooks for you to review before you make your purchase – this includes file size specifications, ebook descriptions and preview PDFs for each product. It’s your responsibility to make sure that you are buying the right content, and if you are unsure we recommend that you contact us with any questions you may have before you proceed.
When buying PDF ebooks, it’s important to be aware of a few things:
- Use the previews to determine if you are making the right choice.
- Download and save your files before you hit the road, because you can’t count on getting a good internet connection wherever you go!
Usually you can pre-order an upcoming ebook at least a month before it comes out, and we’ll provide information about expected dates in the product description.